Friday, April 1, 2011

Rusty ChainsRusty Chains. I was running my wonderful dog Daisy today, and was listening to my ipod. A lyric from a Lady Antebellum song caught my ear, something about laying your 'rusty heart down on the line'. I realize between strides that my heart has been feeling heavy lately, like it is covered in rusty chains. I don't think I am willing to lay it on the line many more times. I cry out to God asking Him to make me whole, to give me the courage to risk again. I keep running.

Then, I notice my dog, chasing after the squirrels. She is doing exactly what she was created to do. She is bounding, leaping, wagging her tail, tongue lopping—her countenance is one big smile. Unlike any other dog I have ever owned, this dog (a three-year old rescue from Bakersfield that I have had for 5 months) never leaves my side for long. She can be off-leash and is controlled by my voice. As I think all this through I realize that maybe God is using this fabulous dog, and our relationship, to melt away the rusty chains on my heart. I'm not sure who is God and who is Jeanne is the 'Daisy+Jeanne' relationship, I just know that when I look at her my heart begins to smile. I believe that is a good start. I keep running.
~To God Be The Glory~

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete