Tuesday, April 26, 2011

From Tee To GreenFrom Tee To Green. I have started golfing again after a bit of a break. I really enjoy it...being outside, the camaraderie, the strategy involved. Just like in my faith and in photography, I need to remember that there is lots of value in the process, not only in the end result. Now, don't get me wrong, I love it when I hit three perfect shots and sink the putt for a birdie on the par 5 18th (especially when that putt wins the last $2 bet on the game..:)..). But those great shots wouldn't have happened if there hadn't been the many many many others that didn't go so well. I learned from the bad ones—something about my stance, my alignment or swing plane, that I put into practice in the good shots. What a waste if I hadn't learned and adjusted. I would still be a terrible player. Golf is a process.

My spiritual life is the same. I have some seasons when I am hitting on all cylinders and my faith seems to flow into everything I do. I feel God is close and I am satisfied. Then there are the many many many other times that I feel alone, isolated, weak and lost. I am the furthest thing from satisfied. I have learned in those times however, to 'adjust' something in my heart.... maybe I am being prideful, or self-focused or how I am evaluating an event is short-sighted or I forget that God is really in control and He loves me. It helps me to remember those adjustments and to try to implement them in my heart. I am glad golf provides such a good example....looks like golf is a 'spiritual discipline'!..... whoooo rah!
~To God Be The Glory~

No comments:

Post a Comment