Friday, March 25, 2011

Dawn Of A New Day
Dawn of a New Day was made in response to a friend's request to join a group of photographers donating a limited edition of a print to a web gallery to raise funds for the Japan Relief effort. I picked this image because in the midst of terrible devastation, struggle, or loneliness, it has been important for me to remember that there is a new day ahead. God has always gotten my attention most consistently by my awareness of the beauty and majesty of the natural world. My children tease me because one of my "predictable-oh-no-here-it-comes-again-roll-your-eyes-comments" that I have said once or twice in my life (!) is "When you see beauty like this, how can you not believe in God." To me, it is true. And to me, when I witness a scene as dramatically beautiful as what I saw when I captured Dawn of a New Day, I believe I am, as the Psalmist says "gaze(ing) upon the beauty of the Lord and seek(ing) him in his temple." Cool!
~To God Be The Glory~

No comments:

Post a Comment